Because we're almost there buddy (;

Just recently while reviewing my journal I bumped into a page where something was written that really helped me cope up with the past worst consecutive weeks in my college life. And the statement went like this...
"Have you ever felt so stressed? Then you suddenly became calm because you PRAYED" 

Indeed, this is one of the worst weeks of my college life but in reality I could tell that this is the best time too to give back all the glory and praises to God. I know I'm not alone. One thing that all students have hated for the rest of their lives is the "DEADLINE". Basically I'm already dead by then if ever I would be able to get to the finish line. Teehee. I hated deadlines too but through the deadlines I learned that everything has its own time. To where when there is a beginning there's also an end and to where you cannot start again when you don't finish something. 

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize."
1 Corinthians 9:24 New International Version (NIV)

Through that verse I remembered a statement from a friend that told me "Doing less than your best never glorifies God." Since deadlines from different subjects are haunting us left and right we were not able to contemplate well our ideas and give the best that we can in everything that we do and because of the pressure that we are experiencing especially with the days that college students call "hell week". 
YOU ARE NOT ALONE BUDDY. This shall come to pass. 

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God"
Philippians 4:6 New International Version (NIV)

Indeed, all things work together for good. Hindi naman sinabing yung ALL things na yun eh good lang. These might be bad or good experiences but it all still work together for good. He will not let you experience something beyond what you can bear. (; 

Let me share you one of my favorite verse from the bible I've found just the right time when I was searching for an answer. 

"But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40:31 New International Version (NIV)

I was really stressed these past few weeks. I was talking to some people expecting that I could find comfort from them. Indeed, they helped me uplift my spirit to not give up. But the most comforting words I've heard was the words I've read from the bible. It gave me a complete peace for a tiring week. I was really stressed and having mixed emotions before writing this post. I was very anxious of what's gonna happen tomorrow worrying if I'm gonna pass or did I do well in my final exams. Then suddenly while reading through what I've written here is like forgetting all the burdens I had and lay it at Jesus' feet. What I've written here helped me a lot to overcome my fear and doubts. This is the ME that I want to contain in all the days of my life. The ME that is tired, the ME that is weak yet recognizes that God's grace alone is sufficient. I hope it helped you guys too for it is really something for me. Since di pa ko dinadalaw ng antok I thought of writing this since what I've been reading few hours ago are about final exams and defense of my virtual friends. heehee 

So there, for the last touch (teehee) I retweeted this post from @pmatthew111
We're like: Dude, prayer totally works. But we don't pray. #SoReal

Indeed, reality bites. When we're so stressed and became frustrated with the loads of work that we have we really forgot to pray. And I'm also guilty of this. Obeying God is not really obeying Him when you don't trust Him enough. 

IF GOD BROUGHT YOU TO IT, HE WILL BRING YOU THROUGH IT. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this! I really needed God's promises. :) Ang sarap mag mahal ni Lord!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...